- Posted 05 August 2022
- Salary €35-60k
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameKai Wilton-Ali
Our client make human data accessible, anywhere in the world, by connecting brands with real people on the ground in over 100 markets to gather real-time in-the-moment insights at scale. This data is distilled using Natural Language Understanding to uncover not just what they do, but also why they do it, and what drives them – and predict what they may do next.
They work with Python for their data science and machine learning, Ruby for APIs and web apps, React for web app front ends and Swift and Kotlin for mobile. Everything is entirely hosted in AWS, all repos in Github, everything containerised and continuously deployed.
As a Python Software Engineer you’ll be able to clearly see your impact in what we deliver day-to-day to clients and users. You'll be part of an engineering culture that welcomes participation and discussion at all levels. Our Client work with some of the largest companies in the world and our user numbers are growing month over month.
They are looking to grow our team in either Brazil (full-remote) or Portugal (full/part-remote from our Lisbon office). You’ll be working closely with teams in Lisbon and London.
- From crowdsourced data collection, to image/video processing and visualisation, you'll be working on some interesting technical challenges.
- You will be helping scale systems as our client increase the data collection streams.
- You’ll be joining an experienced and friendly team of engineers, building a new generation of research and data analysis tools.
- You’ll be using Python on a daily basis
- You'll also be integrating data science pipelines with APIs and backend systems. This can involve working with Ruby so experience with that is welcome.
- You have a strong understanding of Python
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- You have good knowledge of relational databases (postgres ideally)
- You write tested code - from acceptance tests to unit tests.
- You have the ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- You have a huge drive to get something shipped
Nice to haves
- Experience with or a keen interest in Ruby
- Comfortable with Pandas and Numpy
- Knowledge of deployment in a cloud environment (AWS preferable)
- Experienced in web API development (Flask preferable)
- Experience with containers and scheduling tools (Docker on ECS preferable)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc)
- Knowledge of other technologies we are currently using: Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker
Your company benefits will include:
- A 22-day paid holiday allowance with the option to rollover up to 3 days per year
- Option to choose between a Macbook or a PC
- Flexible working hours - Our client trust people to manage their time and to focus on wider results; they operate on a rota basis so people have access to the office when they desire some social interaction with their team or, simply, a break from home.
- The Lifestyle Committee - any employee will have the opportunity to plan and manage a variety of funded socials and activities for the team. Socials and day outs can involve anything from rock climbing or bowling to company meals or pub crawls.
- Paid volunteering days - one day per quarter with a registered charity of your choice.
- Audible subscriptions - the company is more than happy to pay for audio-books subscriptions of your choice on Amazon as we encourage wider and continued learning among our team.
- Yoga - We have Yoga every Tuesday at 6:30pm , both in the office and live on Zoom so you can join in anywhere you like