- Posted 15 August 2022
- Salary £40,000-£55,000
- LocationBrighton and Hove
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameJames Redmond
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
James Chase are looking for a Software Engineer to join our client who work within the Insurance industry . Head office is based in Brighton and the team try to get into the office once a week, however, they understand that lives need a little flexibility so this might not always be the case.
You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, USA and The Netherlands.
Our client has a great team of Engineers who work to deliver innovative and effective solutions to modern insurance problems. They have a positive and supportive working culture, and are incredibly proud of the people they have.
The Software Engineers are supported by and report to a Principal Engineer. The Principal Engineer will work alongside you and help you in your role, including mentoring to develop your skills and career.
What you'll do
As a Software Engineer you’ll work on a variety of services built using a mixture of languages.
Our client currently uses Java 16, Kotlin, Typescript and Python to deliver many services into their GCP-hosted kubernetes cluster, but they aren’t afraid to try new technologies.
• Have experience delivering working code into production environments
• Our client uses Java, but proficiency in other languages is not only admissible but welcome!
• Write appropriate integration and end-end testing in a BDD style
• Hold themselves accountable for code and engineering quality, and not only their own.
• Have knowledge of working with containers, ideally within Kubernetes.
• Are also able to solve solutions without containers: FAAS, SaaS solutions.
• Can articulate the benefits of and execute delivery into a cloud computing environment.
• Knowledge and experience of event driven architectures.
• Has had exposure to Domain Driven Design
In return, you will:
• Work as part of an agile team. Our client does not follow any strict methodology: teams do what works for them. They currently use tools such as:
• Event Storming
• Example Mapping
• Event Modeling
• Be given a place to strive and grow, where you will have the opportunity to work on interesting, yet challenging projects. Applying your thinking to build a better world founded on intelligent technologies alongside highly skilled and like-minded individuals.
• Be supported in your personal and technological development by a team of like-minded individuals.
• Be able to move from idea to execution in a short period of time.
Please note sponsorship is not offered for this role.
Should you possess the correct skills and experience for this position, we will be in touch with you within 7 days of the receipt of your CV. Should you not hear from us within this time frame, you have not been successful on this occasion. We wish you every success in your search for suitable employment