SQL Server DBA
James Chase is currently looking for a SQL Server DBA to join an award-winning Enterprise Database Management specialist that delivers innovative support, managed services and consulting for SQL Server, Oracle and Multi-Cloud technology.
In this role your time will be split between support for managed services customers and some project work during busy periods. Your role will include maintaining support for managed clients, responding to tickets and support functions, and assisting with third level support issues as and when required via the service desk. You will also help with client installs of the company's enterprise monitoring solution.
Ideally candidates will be based in and around London for occasional client site work and office visits, however this is a hybrid remote role.
SQL Server Database experience, with involvement in some or all of the following: operation and troubleshooting, system architecture, design and implementation. Consulting/services experience with external teams, stakeholders, or customers is desirable.
Technical Requirements: The ideal candidate will have gained the majority of the following skills over 5+ years:
- SQL Server Relational Database Engine Database administration from SQL 2000 to 2019
- Microsoft Azure implementation and support
- Disaster recovery including log shipping, mirroring and availability groups.
- Architecture, design and implementation of highly available database solutions (OLTP)
- Experience of transactional replication
- Database and Application performance tuning
- Understanding and application of database design techniques
- Transact-SQL programming skills
- Data querying and display using Reporting Services (SSRS), Performance Point Services and Excel Services
- Understanding of Windows and core services like Active Directory, DNS
- Appreciation for Hardware components
Secondary Technical Skills: - Business Intelligence
- Large-scale data manipulation and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services, Transact-SQL code and other techniques
- OLAP cube architecture, design and implementation using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Familiarity with SQL Server development tools (Management Studio and Business Intelligence Development Studio)
- A working knowledge of one or more .NET development languages and associated database APIs
- Multi-Cloud experience and understanding e.g. AWS is beneficial, but not essential
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Should you possess the correct skills and experience for this position, we will be in touch with you within 7 days of the receipt of your CV. Should you not hear from us within this time frame, you have not been successful on this occasion. We wish you every success in your search for suitable employment
We Can Help
Want to talk to us? Whether you’re looking to recruit or looking to start a new career, give us a call. We’re standing by to provide you with friendly and impartial advice regarding the recruitment industry or any of the services we offer.