Senior Java Developer - Automotive
Are you an experienced software developer with solid experience with Java and Eclipse?
Do you want to join a fast growing and successful team of professionals whose vision is to become tomorrow's leading performer in the European automotive embedded software services space?
Then this could be your next role!
Following the Agile methodology, this role will see you becoming be part of the Tooling team that creates several tools for the automotive industry developed in Java and based on the Eclipse RCP platform, serving some of the biggest and renowned OEMs and Tier 1 companies in the automotive space.
Where is the role based?
German offices are based near Cologne and Munich, so ideally you'll be based close to one of those or willing to move there (with support). But there is the potential to work remote (EU preferred) if your skillset is a great match.
What will you do?
- Development of software in Java (write code, tests, user, and technical documentation)
- Review work from other team members, embracing a continuous improvement mentality
- Develop plugins for Eclipse RCP platform
- Use Eclipse also as IDE
- Develop strong expertise for the tools in order to tailor them to specific client needs
- Provide technical coaching and support for the team
What you'll need
- Java knowledge (senior level)- Tooling teams
- OOP (Design Patterns, SOLID) and experience with Unit and integration testing (JUnit)
- Versioning control systems (GIT is preferable)
- Eclipse RCP platform (extensions, plugins, plugin dependencies, SWT/JFace, etc)
- Eclipse EMF (Eclipse Modeling Framework)
- Experience with automation eg. Maven and Jenkins
- Positive approach to learning and development
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
Ideal candidates will also bring (but not essential):
- Understanding of Processing XML documents
- UI testing
What you'll get
- Opportunity to work in a truly international, dynamic, and supportive team.
- Flexible working program and attractive salary.
- Opportunity to develop existing skills and learn new ones.
- The chance to work with some of the biggest players in the automotive space
Eclipse and Java are a must for any candidate, but we are open to diverse background so whether you've worked in embedded software for automotive already or not, if this sounds interesting to you then please apply.
As we are growing the team, in addition to the Senior candidate, we will also consider junior/mid-level applicants if they can demonstrate the right skills and attitude so apply or reach out to discuss this opportunity!
We Can Help
Want to talk to us? Whether you’re looking to recruit or looking to start a new career, give us a call. We’re standing by to provide you with friendly and impartial advice regarding the recruitment industry or any of the services we offer.